Building a Crisis Communication Plan (SC2)
This intense one-day course will give participants the opportunity to develop a crisis communication plan and test it against a ‘live’ exercise scenario, including the involvement in media interview. Before attending this course participants should have attended the Working at a Strategic Level course.
About the course
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Set a strategic communication aim underpinned by clearly defined objectives
- Identify target audiences and understand how to reach and engage with them using various channels of communication
- Develop key messages to deal with different stages of an emergency or critical incident
- Identify the other agencies involved in an emergency and know how to engage productively with them
- Develop a comms structure identifying and prioritising roles and responsibilities for staff
- Spot risks and understand how to mitigate them
Experience, first hand, the pressures that come from media interviews in dealing with a developing critical event
On course completion, attendees will be given an EPiCC Certificate of Attendance and invited to join EPiCC’s membership area, which benefits include unique insights, access to further learning, resources and networking opportunities.