Communicating with People Affected by Crises and Emergencies (TC3)
This one-day course aims to equip participants with knowledge and understanding of the information needs of people affected by crises and major emergencies and the practical implications for communicating effectively and sensitively with them.
About the course
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the nature and impact of crises and major emergencies
- Understand the information and support needs of people affected by collective trauma events
- Outline key principles for working with bereaved people and survivors
- Respond more effectively and communicate appropriately with distressed people
- Implement strategies for self-care and supporting others working in crisis environments
- Draw on real experiences, practical tips, lessons and good practice in crisis communication, identified and discussed within the course
On course completion, attendees will be given an EPiCC Certificate of Attendance and invited to join EPiCC’s membership area, which benefits include unique insights, access to further learning, resources and networking opportunities.