Introduction to Crisis Communication (TC1)
This one-day course aims to give participants an introduction into the world of crisis communication and to provide practical tips and know-how for handling emergencies and critical incidents.
About the course
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand how to reach different audiences using various channels
- Write key messages and statements
- Recognise the most effective tools to engage with the media
- Prepare your spokesperson for media interviews
- Make the best use of social media channels for maximum impact
- Appreciate media law and, in particular, the contempt of court act, data protection and human rights
Draw on the real experiences, practical tips, lessons and good practice in crisis communication, identified and discussed within the course
On course completion, attendees will be given an EPiCC Certificate of Attendance and invited to join EPiCC’s membership area, which benefits include unique insights, access to further learning, resources and networking opportunities.