Working at the Strategic Level (SC1)
This one-day course aims to equip participants with the knowledge and skills to develop an effective crisis communication plan for responding to emergencies, crises and other high-profile incidents impacting on their organisation.
About the course
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the different types of emergency and crisis that could affect their particular organisation, and the implications for crisis communication and engagement
- Understand the key components that make up an effective crisis communication plan
- Define and reach their key target audiences using a range of communication channels and technologies
- Understand how to use appropriate language and messaging for maximum impact
- Identify the other agencies involved in an emergency and know how to engage productively with them
- Understand the legal implications and inquiry process that could affect their organisation
- Learn from the experience of people from within their sector who have dealt with emergencies and critical incidents
On course completion, attendees will be given an EPiCC Certificate of Attendance and invited to join EPiCC’s membership area, which benefits include unique insights, access to further learning, resources and networking opportunities.